VICTORIA WATERWORTH (Physiotherapist)
Victoria has always had a passion for physiotherapy from a young age. As an elite athlete in Karate for many years, she has experienced first-hand the benefits that physiotherapy can have within a person’s injury recovery journey and return to play. Victoria’s love of sports transfers into her work, working with both elite and recreational level athletes through her past work. She currently is the senior physiotherapist with Bond University QAFLW teams and works with the Queensland Karate Association as a consultant.
Originally from Canada, Victoria completed her Bachelor of Arts, Honours Specialisation in Kinesiology degree in 2013 before working as a physiotherapy assistant in her home town. In 2017, she moved to the Gold Coast to complete her Doctor of Physiotherapy degree from Bond University which she completed in 2019. She loves working in private practice and helping her patients reach their goals, whether through hands on treatment or with exercise rehabilitation through either gym or Pilates based movements.
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (Bond University)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours Specialisation in Kinesiology (University of Western Ontario)
- APA Level 2 Sports Physiotherapist
- CCMI Concussion Management (in process)
- Western Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- First Aid and CPR, Paradise First Aid - Current
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- Bond University AFL Club, Senior Physiotherapist, Present
- Bond University AFL Club, Trainer/Physiotherapist, 2019-2020
- Queensland Karate Association, Physiotherapist presenter, 2019- Present
- Performance GC, Coach, 2019-2020
- Gymnastics Australia National Clubs Competition, Physiotherapist, 2019