KYLE MITCHELL (PHYSIOTHERAPIST)
Kyle is originally from Vancouver, Canada who has now settled here on the Gold Coast after completing his Doctor of Physiotherapy degree at Bond University. He is a highly qualified therapist with experience in sports, post-surgical, and musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
Currently, Kyle is the team physiotherapist for the Bond University AFL club providing on field management on game day, and injury assessment and rehabilitation throughout the season. He also is the team physiotherapist for the U15 Australian Baseball team, travelling with the team to Japan in 2016 for the world championships.
In addition, Kyle has a passion for vertigo, balance disorders and vestibular rehabilitation, with significant experience in treating these conditions. He has a particular interest in treating BPPV and is able to perform the Epley manoeuvre safely and effectively. Kyle has undergone further training to develop his skills to provide thorough rehabilitation and exercise prescription for people with balance issues.
Kyle is also fortunate to be a part of educating students within the Doctor of Physiotherapy program at Bond University. He facilitates practical sessions as well as tutoring within the musculoskeletal subjects of the program regularly. He also provides supervision during practical placements for students in the clinic setting.
In regards to treatment, Kyle’s focus is on providing education on your injury or condition in a way that is understandable. He is able to use evidence based treatments including manual therapy, dry needling, shockwave therapy, and exercise prescription to assist in treating your condition and achieve your goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctor of Physiotherapy - Bond University, DPhty
- Bachelor of Science - University of British Columbia, BSc
- Level 1 Sports Physiotherapist
- Team Physiotherapist Baseball Australia Under 15's
- Team Physiotherapist Bond University AFL Club
- Physiotherapist Gold Coast Airport Marathon
- APA Sports Level 1 Course, Brisbane 2016
- Western Acupuncture and Dry Needling, Combined Health, 2015
- Vestibular Rehabilitation, Vestibular Courses, Gold Coast 2014
- Senior First Aid and CPR, Paradise First Aid, Current