KATE O'CONNELL (TITLED SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPIST)
Kate is an experienced titled sport and exercise physiotherapist, and uses a range of manual and exercise therapies to treat all musculoskeletal conditions and get her clients moving again. She has a particular interest in lower back, pelvic and hip conditions.
Over the past 14 years, Kate has worked at a number of highly regarded private practices across Australia and with various sporting teams, up to international level. Currently she is the physiotherapist for Australia’s very successful para-Sprint Canoe/Kayak team as they head in to Tokyo 2021.
Because Kate also has qualifications as a Level 1 strength and conditioning coach and clinical Pilates Instructor, she can tailor evidence-based management plans to clients’ needs, constantly reviewing the results to make sure goals are being met. She is also available to review current rehabilitation management plans or provide a second opinion if required, as well as for sports coverage work and implementation of occupational exercise programs.
- Getting people moving!
- Sprint kayaking and outrigging
- Running, cycling, swimming and surf sports
- Pelvic girdle pain and dysfunction (lower back, pelvis and hip)
- Clinical exercise programs
- Acute and sub-acute sporting injuries
- Targeted strength and fitness programs
- Masters Sports Physiotherapy (Melbourne University)
- Masters Physiotherapy (University of Canberra)
- Coaching Science (University of Canberra)
- Level 1 Strength & Conditioning (Australian Strength & Conditioning Association)
- Clinical Pilates Certification (DMA Pilates)
- Level 1, 2, 3 Sports Physiotherapy (Australian Physio Association)
- ICF Trainee Classifiers Course (Sprint Canoe Kayak, International Canoe Federation)
- Neuromuscular Dry Needling
- Level 2 Accredited Sports Trainer
- Level III Fitness Accreditation
- Senior First Aid and CPR