Dr James Furness (PhD)
James is an Assistant Professor of Physiotherapy at Bond University where he teaches musculoskeletal physiotherapy and is the lead researcher within the Bond University Water-based Research Unit. James has over 15 years of physiotherapy clinical experience and recently provided Physiotherapy services to the World Surf League.
James aims to apply a holistic approach to treating musculoskeletal conditions, using hands on techniques, exercise prescription and psychologically informed physiotherapy. James is passionate about maintaining a healthy lifestyle ensuring that his patients have strategies to address their physical and mental health. Being an avid surfer and touch player, James is well equipped to treat and manage musculoskeletal and sports injuries.
To see James’ research please click on the link: https://research.bond.edu.au/en/persons/james-furness
- 2003-2006 Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy - AUT)
- 2012-2015 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Bond University
Thesis: Musculoskeletal and Physiological Profile of Elite and Recreational Surfers: Injuries and Sports Specific Screening
- ANZBMS Clinical Densitometry Course (2015)
Granted full DEXA licence
- Dry Needling and Western Acupuncture Course (2012)
- Mulligan Concepts Course Upper and Lower Limb (2007)
Involvement with Associations
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association